Through Thick and Thin

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Can tell this has all really worn me out! Just exhausted and it's only Wednesday. Still significant output from the drain today. Talked with a Face Book friend who shared she didn't have breast cancer but a breast surgery and she drained for 13 weeks. If that happens I'll be posting from the funny farm!!!

I was going through pictures and had totally forgotten that the morning of my surgery I had Brad get a picture of the kids and I in all our pink. Really glad I did that. Also in my spring time sorting I found the letters the kids each wrote me. That morning was so busy I had totally forgotten. Kinsey's was so sweet telling me "You're the toughest woman I know so kick cancer! We've got your back."  Brody's had sweet thoughts too and he ended his with these quotes:


"Courage is not the absence of fear, rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
"In time of test, family is best."
"Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you."
"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."  I have AMAZING kids!

On a lighter note I simply have to share the email a good friend sent me:


Students in an advanced Biology class were taking their mid-term test. The last question was, 'Name seven advantages of Mother's Milk.' It was worth 70 points or none at all. One student in particular was hard put to think of seven advantages.

He wrote:

1. It is perfect formula for the child.
2. It provides immunity against several diseases.
3. It is always the right temperature.
4. It is inexpensive.
5. It bonds the child to mother, and vice versa.
6. It is always available as needed.

And then, the student was stuck. But finally in desperation, just before the bell rang, he wrote…

7. It comes in two attractive reusable containers.

He got an A+

No comments: