Through Thick and Thin

Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday, May 14

Six weeks post-op, doctor visit number 11 since surgery-pretty sure my truck knows it's way to the office! LOL  Doctor removed the drain in the left and is suspecting the site may still drain some.  I pointed out that the right, which has appeared to be "stuck down" as he refers to it, had fluid again. I have watched it closely and hadn't noticed any for several days but  the last week it has slowly been accumulating. He aspirated it, that being the 4th time on that side, and got 20cc. Not a lot but still there. I am to stay on the antibiotic one more week as a precaution and see him back next Monday unless I need drained again then I am to call. We might actually be able to discuss when I can return to work at that appointment. He said he'd just like to get me to be back to "normal" for a whole month straight. I almost laughed and asked if he could define "normal".

















After my appointment I ran next door to the hospital to see the newest member of the family. Meet our precious little nephew who arrived last evening on Mother's Day!  He makes number four in his family, three boys one girl. That's 20 grandchildren on my husband's side.  As you can tell his only Sissy is very proud!  I just loved cuddling him!

From there ran to try to get more bras. One came in and doesn't fit and one is back ordered.  Bummer!  I'm really needing more than one so am hoping to get that settled this week.

Extremely tired today for some reason. I'm hoping the rest of this week can be completely uneventful so I can actually do more things myself. I am soooooo not a sedentary person and being good for 6 full weeks is just about to unnerve me!


No comments: