Through Thick and Thin

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Friday, May 4, 2012

Birthdays, physical for Brody, job interview for Kinsey, babysitting, cook-out, drain removal. That sums up the day! Happy Birthday to Kinsey and my Dad.  How excited I was 19 years ago when Kinsey arrived at 12:17am just in time for Papa's birthday!  We kept it simple with burgers on the grill, cake and ice cream on the back porch, and visits from family.

Brody had his physical and all is well with him. Fortunately he seems to be done growing. Good thing because size 13 and 14 shoes are difficult to come by. So proud of the young man he's become!

Today was officially the day the drains were to come out. Drainage remains minimal and the tissue does appear to be "sticking" down a little better.  Although on an antibiotic the one in the right is getting red and irritated just like last time.  My sister once again did the deed and this time both the kids got to watch. How do people manage who live so far away from family? I have said it many times prior to breast cancer but I couldn't live without my sister!  These drains much smaller and less threatening in appearance. they were actually an IV catheter inserted into my chest with the tubing and bulb attached.  Really no discomfort when they came out. Although dealing with them has become second nature it is still a big relief to bid them farewell! Now keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I have no further issues.

No comments: