Through Thick and Thin

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm so ready for this week to be over!!! I've been tired and emotionally drained just from life in general. The reality that prom is this weekend and graduation is one month away is setting in. I will get everything done but it will be at a fraction of the pace I normally would. That's when it suddenly seems like these four walls are closing in on me.

I started addressing graduation invites, only to realize I messed up all the envelopes. You know, the standard ones for the invite then they go in the mailing one? Yes, well I addressed big and small without realizing it!  They gave us the option to order more formal and less formal. I chose less formal without the white tissue so never dreamed they still sent me two sizes of envelopes. Then I got the call our uncle's health had quickly declined and he was being put on hospice. Later I opened the checkbook and saw that without my knowing Brad reordered our checks and got breast cancer ones. That was it, I shed a few tears.

School did a program called Every 15 Minutes about drinking and driving and distracted driving. It was a very intense two day event and included a mock accident scene involving a student's death. Today, day one, students were taken from classrooms every 15 minutes by a Grimm Reaper and painted with the face of death. At the end of the day several students participated in a mock accident scene. One student "died" on the scene. My niece and sister participated and my niece Cassidy was the innocent victim who was "life lined" from the accident scene. Both kids came home all a buzz talking about the experience and how horrible it was even though it was staged. Kinsey couldn't even talk about Cassidy without trembling. Later in the evening, unknown to the student body, Cassidy "passed away."  For my sister it was very real as they handled it just as the hospital would. So then I was living this all through my children's and my sister's emotions.

By the time Brad got home I just needed a hug and to vent. Unfortunately his day was no better and he was wiped out too. Needless to say our so called therapeutic conversation was less than therapeutic. That was it I was done for the day!

Just when  I thought I'd had enough a little email humor from a dear friend made things all better.  It's so perfect to share on my blog so here goes....

"As I was nursing my baby, my cousin's six year old daughter Krissy came into the room. Never having seen anyone breast feed before, she was intrigued and full of all kinds of questions about what I was doing.  After mulling over my answers she remarked, "My mom has some of those but I don't think she knows how to use them."                        
Needless to say I was busting up!!!  Ooops, no pun intended :)





No comments: