Through Thick and Thin

Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday, April 16, 2012

Another visit to the surgeon-darn fluid accumulated again over the weekend. It's a normal process and he assured me I am not overdoing it and that the drains didn't come out too soon. I knew that because we left them in an extra day to just make sure the amount stayed under my limit of 40cc/day. I was as low at 28cc at that point. He drains 30-40cc/side so that is only about 10cc/day so minimal. My body just isn't reabsorbing as quickly as it's being produced. Sooooo, I have to continue to monitor the areas and I may need needle aspiration again Friday at my visit. If so he may consider putting in  much smaller sized drains. The good news is there are no signs of infection and my incisions are looking great. Some women deal with this up to 6 weeks but usually they are much older than I and in poor health. This doesn't surprise me at all because for every health issue I have ever had my doctors have been a little surprised about something so it's all routine to me. None the less still frustrating!

I'm so thankful for all the positive stories you are sharing with me-some about friends battling cancer, some about how the blog motivated you or someone you know to make a change, schedule an exam or help someone else out. Here is part of message from a friend I received today, "This weekend was special in several ways to me:  you got your news that you don’t need further treatments, another person’s wife had a total hysterectomy for cancer and yet needs no further treatments, and another person’s daughter got news that it was NOT cancer.  God is SO good, and I give Him all the praises."  Yes He is good!

Another friend texted me to say that since her back surgery she had not been able to participate in a fundraising walk. She was finally able to on Saturday and it was for breast cancer. She further went on to say that my story inspired her good friend to schedule her mammogram-it was 8 years overdo!!! Time flies and we get so busy in our lives.  Awhile back my dentist pointed out I was 4 years overdo. How do we do that??? I'm usually so good at taking care of all those things!  I think it's the "mom syndrome" we get so busy taking care of everyone else we put ourselves on the back burner.

Please feel free to share your stories under the comments section for all to enjoy. When I remember I try to share the ones you have sent thru text or email. I love hearing all of them!

In closing for today I want to share this-author unknown but found in my Chicken Soup book-

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited-

It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill a friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
it cannot conquer the spirit.

No comments: