Through Thick and Thin

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday, April 3,2012

Not really sure how I'm feeling this morning. Some sense of relief that my cancer treatment officially starts today. I officially get rid of "the evil boob" as my sister referred to it! And it's buddy of course. There certainly have been times I have felt overwhelmed but it's in God's hands now and He is in charge. There is a great sense of comfort in knowing so many are praying for me, not just in this great country but literally all over the world. That does bring some inner peace.

We spent last evening at penance service at church. It is Holy Week and the most amazing miracle ever happened then!  From there the four of us headed to Applebees for a quick dinner, then my sister stopped by to wish me luck. I was flooded with calls, texts, and Face Book messages these past 48 hours. You have no idea the strength that comes from those messages. We ended the evening just cuddling and crying. Brad did share that he really wished this was him in my shoes. Really, I'm perfectly OK with it. He is the breadwinner and we could never even try to pay these bills if he were the one sick. And I am soooooo very thankful it's me and not one of the kids. Kinsey's past illness was almost more than we could handle. Thank the Good Lord Brody has been healthy. Being a nurse I better understand the process and I have been through five prior surgeries. Brad doesn't do illness or hospitals well. So although it sounds very weird I'm good with this. If God said to me one of you has to have cancer and you can choose which one I would gladly step up and volunteer! We will get through this!  So for now I'm going to post a few more pictures. The seaweed we found on the beach in the ribbon symbol, a photo of some great friends as we show off "our girls" on the beach, and Brad and I in the sunset.

No comments: