Through Thick and Thin

Friday, April 20, 2012

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My energy level is slowly increasing. Have done a few quick errands. Have been cautiously increasing my housework. About post-op day four I did my first load of laundry-very tedious-handled only a few items at a time and didn't lift the basket, kicked it across the floor to the couch so I could sit and fold. It was perfect for increasing my range of motion and keeping my arms moving but I wasn't breaking the lifting restriction of 10 pounds and I wasn't raising my arms above my head.  It just felt good to not be sitting or sleeping. After I was told last Friday I could sweep I only did two rooms and haven't swept since just to space it out some. Meals are still coming in daily thanks to the wonderful friends and family we have, so I don't have to worry about that. I can't just sit or I go nuts!  I'm not a big fan of TV and reading isn't my thing. Scrap booking is my hobby but I just haven't felt it yet.

Today I felt so great!  I did dishes and laundry which I can do normally and swept two rooms. That I had done in combination just once before but spaced it out through the course of a whole day.  Apparently it was when I decided to wipe down the patio furniture that I sealed my fate. Too be continued...

No comments: