Through Thick and Thin

Friday, April 27, 2012

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Today started with the news of our uncle passing away. That was a real bummer. I was to take dinner tonight and was looking forward to seeing him one last time. Unfortunately that wasn't meant to be. After receiving that news I went out to school for the second part of the program. When the students arrived at school they learned my niece hadn't survived the crash. Although none of the scenario was real it felt like it!!! Today they showed the video shot yesterday and then showed them what happened after school- the "drunk driver" getting booked,  the medical staff telling my sister that her daughter died, and the courtroom testimony. Those who participated spoke. Believe me hearing those parents share the experience it was all very real to them! Then a guest speaker shared her real experience. Wow! If that won't take everything out of you nothing will!

Next I placed the call to my doctor to set up a time to have fluid drained again.  I think I will just refer to my floppy disks as puddles now. Geeze!  I'm thinking drains will once again be discussed. Guess I'll know tomorrow.  And since the day had been so pleasant I figured what the heck, I may as well start some deep cleaning before graduation-easy things like washing curtains. At least I got something accomplished.

Both kids have been busy late every night so I don't think we have had a single family meal. That's rare but I hate weeks like that!  Brad got home and we attempted our therapeutic conversation again. At least this time it went a little better. Just way too many emotional things at one time for all of us!

Like yesterday my crummie day managed to end on a good note. There was an envelope in the mail from Brad's cousin that I will call  a happy gram. That was just what I needed for some cheering up!

No comments: