Through Thick and Thin

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Brad headed out bright and early Saturday morning for a fishing trip with family to Wisconsin.  Kinsey arrived home from school and has spent the weekend with me and Brody. We had a lovely Saturday evening of church, Don Pablos, a little shopping, then back home for movie night. Love time with my kiddos!!!

Isaac found his way to Indiana as promised and has dumped some much needed rain on our holiday weekend.  Today Brody  braved the weather and headed to the Fall Festival in my home town , Kinsey took on a craft project, and I have been working on some photo editing. In my editing I have created a file just for the cool breast cancer logos people have sent me, the pictures I have blogged, as well as my Relay for Life photos. Eventually I will scrap my journey and all the cool cards I have received.

All of this organizing jogged my memory and made me think about a video my dermatologist strongly suggested I view. I looked it up and have decided to share. It's called Dear 16 Year Old Me. As I have said a hundred times I just keep learning. In this video there is brief mention of melanoma in the eye. I was not aware such a thing existed. Along my journey I have reconnected with an old college friend only to learn her mother passed away two years ago of melanoma that started in her eye. Who knew such a thing existed??? Certainly not me!

Please take a moment to view this and pass it along to family and friends. Very moving and very informative!



No comments: