Through Thick and Thin

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Friday, September 28, 2012

Last night I braved Brody's last regular season soccer game. The weather was gorgeous and the set up at the school was such that we could park up near the field so a very short walk, plus the school is actually closer in distance than our own.  Brad took a lawn chair so I'd be more comfortable. It felt delightful to sit and watch the boys!

Since I have been off of narcotics for several days I decided to be brave and drive to our local store for a coke. It's all of a mile away so no big deal. It felt good to get out but that was enough for one day. Got home and baked "Bison chips" (yellow and green snickerdoodles) for the boys and wrapped them in their sectional T-shirts. It was good to have a little something to do that didn't require lifting etc but got me off the couch. Sitting around makes me crazy so this was perfect simple busy work. We team moms have tried really hard to make this pre-sectional week special for the guys as they haven't won a game. They play their hearts out but just haven't been able to get the job done. We had something special planned for each day then tomorrow they will receive the shirts after their tournament. That way they can wear them Monday to school for the sectional game.



I'm 8 days post-op and still have plenty of drainage. That's ok because there's more room out than in!  So far the antibiotic has kept my drain insertion sites from getting so red and irritated like they did last time around in just 5 days. The surgical and muscle pain is getting much better and I've just been taking Tylenol and Motrin as needed. I do think that there might be a very small pocket of fluid build up on the left side although it's much harder to tell this time around. It was easy before because I was sunken and any fluid was easily palpable. With the expanders in it's more difficult. Both sides were very firm, now there is a small soft area. It's not getting any larger so I'm not too concerned.

No comments: