Through Thick and Thin

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Drains drains go away!  Have had quite a bit of discomfort from these  little devils last night and today. Tomorrow will be three weeks with them at my side but I know that it's so much better for them to stay in and get the job done than to take them out too soon. Drainage is slowly decreasing but I am not at all comfortable pulling them at 30cc or less like he tells me, and I am hovering 30-40cc. Guess I'm just a rebel like that!  LOL I am going to be as cautious as possible.

Fatigue is still bothering me too. Really think a lot of that is not being able to get a good nights sleep in my own bed. When I sleep in the chair I usually wake up at least once and usually more during the night. I have been doing small amounts on the treadmill to help build up my stamina. Am up to a mile which isn't a lot but it feels really good. When I walk on it I don't have to swing my arms back and forth over the drains I can hold on and keep them still so that makes a big difference in comfort as compared to walking outside.

I must say Brad likes the new look, if anyone was wondering! Ha ha  Slowly but surely people are getting brave enough to ask how large I plan to go. It's funny because they all tell me their husbands are dying to know!  MEN!  :)  My plan is same size as I was or close to it. I have heard the phrase more than once "Go big or go home!"  I just want to consider that that is a lot of weight to be carrying around. The good news is that I have the cadaver grafts to help support the implants once they are placed. Not all women have those. That should help a lot.

Been trying to catch up with friends and family dealing with cancer-one enduring chemo for uterine cancer, one just received her last fill and will be scheduling surgery to place her implants soon, and then Bubbles.
That poor dear has been through it, just one thing after another-allergic reaction to something, weird pain landing her in the hospital for two days, neuropathies (damage to nerve endings especially in the extremities) in her hands and feet causing itching and pain. She is such a trooper and so stinking positive!  She is my hero!!! I continue to pray for all those I know fighting any type of cancer. We are a sisterhood of survivors and we will prevail!!!

No comments: