Through Thick and Thin

Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday, October 19, 2012

For a week of Mondays there have been some pretty good things!  Sunday we celebrated Brody's 17th birthday in a simple fashion with his favorite dinner and a neat soccer cake.It was so nice to have a family meal just the four of us for a change. His actual birthday was yesterday but he it was football sectional dinner where they had fillet mignon-rough life! Tuesday was a lovely soccer banquet to wind down the season. Brody was asked to lead the boys in prayer before the meal and then at the end the boys asked him to lead them in their Benton Central chant one last time for the season.


Somehow when things turn crummy something always comes along to make it better. My mother-in-law surprised me with this gorgeous blanket she made for me. The funny thing is I have learned so much from networking with women. Added a new word to my vocabulary-"FOOB"  You know, fake boob!  Anyway these women tell me they can be very cold in the winter. So I had to laugh when I got the blanket. My hands, feet, and nose get absolutely so freezing due to poor circulation that I have to take medicine. Now if I have ice cold boobs that will just be peachy!  The blanket will come in very handy!!!! If you look closely my step-mom brought me a beautiful breast cancer bracelet. Such awesome surprises!


This adorable bra card arrived in the mail with a Victoria Secret gift card. It said...Girlfriends are like a good bra-always there to lift you up! I just have to share with you what my friend wrote.


Ms.Kim-
During this month where we celebrate and honor breast cancer survivors I want to celebrate you!  I'm so grateful to get the honor of doing life with you and so inspired by your strength and jouney.  I am praying your surgeries go well and the road to a "new" rockin' set of ta-tas is smooth!  You are truly beautiful inside and out!  To celebrate your new beginning I'd love to be a part of a New Sexy bra!!! Go treat yourself to something scandalous girl-you deserve it!  Celebrating you all month long.

Oh Ms Courtney you do know how to "lift" a girl's spirits!  Thank you all for helping make my lousy week a bit more tolerable. I must say sometimes it's good to be the "Queen"!

No comments: