Through Thick and Thin

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday, August 21,2012

What a whirlwind of activity. Brody had his first soccer game last week before school even started. I've decided I kind of like that. Wednesday he started his Junior year at Benton Central. Wow my baby has grown up! We have decided starting on Wednesday is awesome so you get in the groove gradually. So far so good for him and he's doing well adjusting to driving to school and being in charge of himself.

On Friday we moved Kinsey into her dorm at University of Indianapolis. She was so funny before we left home. She didn't want me to stay in the house as she told Molly, our Golden Retriever, good-bye. Molly sleeps with her every night so it will be an adjustment for both of them. But no worries she packed her Build-a-Bear Molly. LOL Getting her settled was fun and we had the mission accomplished in an hour. She has bonded with her roommate already as they have soooo much in common. That alone helps put one's mind at ease. The rooms are nice and the girls had things all planned out in advance thanks to modern technology letting them meet on line ahead of time.

As I was warned saying good-bye was very tough. Even Brad shed a few tears.  I did pretty good, choked up a bit a few times on the way home. Brad and I did our first dinner out alone on the way home and that was so nice. I was feeling pretty proud of myself for not being a complete blubbering idiot.  I even told a few friends I hadn't cried as much as I thought I would. Then, one by one,as all the well wishing messages of support came flooding in I sobbed. When we got home Brad gave me a big hug and I cried.  When we went to bed I cried, the next morning he hugged me and I cried.  Do you see the pattern here??? Anyway I'm glad to say I'm doing better now.

Our three year old niece has Kinsey wrapped around her little finger. Her mommy sent a video of her asking to go to Kinsey's. Of course then Kinsey shed a tear. Next thing we know Kinsey came home already yesterday, picked up her cousins at daycare and spent the day with them and us. It was awesome! She had signed up for a retreat so was allowed to move in even before the new Freshmen. What that means is she had two full days of complete down time and was bored stiff-almost no one on campus, no homework and no activities so a perfect time to run home for the day.  It gave me a fix and she was able to grab several things more from home that she wanted.


This has sure been a year of stress and firsts but so far so good. I think we are all cruising fairly well. Brody is going to miss his sister but also really enjoy all the extra focus on him with big sis out of the house!

No comments: