Through Thick and Thin

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Good grief it's been hotter than a blow torch here in the Hoosier state. So what's a great thing to do when it's blistering hot and there's a burn ban due to drought?  Well go camping of course!!!  At least we choose a campground with a lake. The DNR was  feeling generous and let campers light a fire for cooking so we not only enjoyed the water but some delicious wings, ribs, and pork. Mmm, mmm, good!

After I don't know how many issues getting there, then camper and boat issues, great friends and family lightened  things up and we managed to have fun. Our good friends had a foreign exchange student and she had returned for a visit so we just had to all get together and celebrate.  Poor Marie, it was 65 back home in Denmark and we brought her to 107 temps! It was so great to see her and get a bunch of the girls together.

Well let me tell ya, these falsies are quite hot in these temps. The real things are hot too but these are like added insulation. Kinsey just kept telling me to not worry about it and not wear them. Finally she convinced me and I just couldn't do it anymore, they had to come out. No one pulled me aside and told me I looked horrible so I rolled with it and was much more comfortable. Besides, if they did I was just going to blame Kinsey and say "She told me to!"  Haha

My new swimsuit top came at the last minute and was comfortable enough. The only problem is it's lack of support. I started out perky but that didn't last. It's just a normal swim suit with a normal suit bra built in but there is a slit to slide in the silicone forms. I can't believe I paid $58 for just the top and there's no extra support at all. Rather disappointing.  I will say though, we all got a good laugh when everyone hopped out of boats for a swim and I pointed out that my "flotation devices" were working just fine! Everyone cracked up! The top is of course pretty high cut, especially under the arms. That's intentional of course to help hide scars from lymph node dissections. I don't know if this heat and these swimming experiences are helping me make a reconstruction decision or not. I almost feel more confused. I might just lose my mind before this is said and done!!!  Brad and a friend offered to set up a "focus group" on Face Book and take votes on new girls for me thinking maybe that would help. Gee thanks fellas, I'm sure it would! :)




 Seriously though, the only resource I had for mastectomy swimsuits was through JC Penney and the Jodee company. The website is www.jcpenney-jodee.com   I'm sure there are plenty more places on the web but I had picked up a mini catalog at Penney's and I was in a hurry so it worked.

No comments: