Through Thick and Thin

Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19, 2012

Summer time.  Normally a fun, relaxing, family fun time. Just not feeling it this year. The heat has just been exhausting to me. I LOVE being outside but it's simply been too miserable. We normally enjoy sitting around a fire and camping but the burn bans have limited that. Not to mention most of the time it's been way too hot to enjoy a fire anyway. My upcoming procedures are weighing on my mind and of course reconstruction is still looming. It seems the biggest downer is the crappy news that we just keep getting about family and friends.

This week it was that a friend from church was diagnosed with melanoma. My heart is breaking for her. We  had a chance to chat some and I just hate hearing what she is going through. Everyone knows a cancer diagnosis is stressful and frightening but until you have actually heard those words, "You have cancer"  I just don't think you can truly comprehend what it's like to walk in those shoes.  She was aware of the support group and I'm hoping she will join us at the next meeting on Monday. We both agreed that talking about the journey is very healing. After our initial chat I shed a few tears for her. Later I started digging through my books and there are a couple I will offer  her that were not breast cancer specific. In the meantime I'm praying and of course asking for your prayers for her as well!

Tomorrow I see my migraine doctor. Good thing because after my headaches seeming to be controlled they have been back with a vengeance.  I'm quite sure it's stress related. Graduation was a wonderful distraction  but now that it's behind us it's just all stressful things approaching. In the afternoon we are heading out for our second weekend this summer of camping. My sister has loaned us her boat and I am hoping for some great Rand R on the water. Supposedly the recent storms are to bring slightly cooler temps so maybe we can go and de-stress a bit. Hoping so because I REALLY need it!

No comments: