Through Thick and Thin

Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday, June 4, 2012

Emotional Roller Coaster! So many things on my mind yet a couple of weekends packed full of special family celebrations-birthdays, baptisms, and graduation. I'm trying so hard to put all that we have been through on the back burner but it's tough when there are big decisions to be made.




Yes that's our amazing "Little Boogie" Graduation was Sunday and we couldn't be prouder. At one point in her life she honestly thought Booger was part of her name.  Her preschool teacher asked her full name and she responded  "Kinsey Marina Booger Deno"  Wow we thought we had scarred our child for life! Fortunately she grew up to be a beautiful, strong, athletic, determined, young woman who has made lots of good choices and graduated with Academic Honors!  We are beaming with pride!  The ceremony was lovely and the kids ended it with a flash mob dance approved by the administration. It was so neat!!! I teared up a little then but managed to contain myself.

Then there is the not so fun stuff-things weighing  heavy on my mind. I have been bothering my sister about completing testing she kept putting off. We have done about everything together over the years including marrying cousins. I had the official cancer result in my hand the same day she had her mammogram scare. I have been so worried she would get bad news. Today a very dear friend had a hysterectomy for some suspicious cells. We met in nursing school and also have done so many things together/alike. The last thing my sister, friend and I need to do together is to have cancer. Fortunately my sister shared this weekend that her tests came back normal and all is good. HUGE relief!  Now praying my friend gets the same good news!

The fluid that I could see gradually building again in the right suddenly caused a firmer swelling in that area. It's so strange but nothing I feel the need to see the surgeon for. Just keeping an eye on that.

Today I had to call my family doctor because it appears I have a lovely case of poison ivy. Of course it would be on my left arm which is the side where lymph nodes were taken. Although I have had no issues with lymphedema  it can happen at any time, especially when there is a break in the tissue. I tried to be patient but finally called today and am starting steroids, a compress, and antihistamine. Hopefully that will knock it out. Odd thing is I got it now, not two weeks ago when I was doing yard work where the ivy is. Who knows??? I wanted to get it under control before it becomes a problem. Monitoring that very closely.

For now I just need to stay focused on getting ready for Kinsey's open house in two weeks. Lots to do but most of it is fun stuff. We have so many reasons to celebrate!!!

No comments: