Through Thick and Thin

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Last week was trying for me, just felt stressed. It seemed my family was perpetually grouchy -at least that was my perspective :). I have been concerned for friends and family with looming health issues, and was attempting to lay the groundwork for my reconstruction research. Probably most heavy on my mind is the intense need to just get away from it all!

Honestly I am more than ready to have this part of my life behind me! I have not focused on it much at all lately but wanted to at least make a couple of calls to have some things lined up for after Kinsey's open house. Everything takes time to orchestrate.   I just want a plan by the end of summer. Insurance wise it needs to be done and quite frankly I'm sick of dealing with health issues. What keeps me going is knowing I could be just getting going with extensive treatments, therefore of course I am still truly grateful!

The importance of a plastic surgery consult prior to mastectomy is important but knowing I wasn't doing anything immediately meant it was just going through the motions for me. Since my treatment consisted of only surgery another appointment to re-evaluate my options seems appropriate, especially since fluid and infection have changed the landscape quite a bit from it's original status. Hopefully a good review with the plastic surgeon will help me decide what is right for me. I tried to set up an appointment but they were out of the office. Will have to try again.

As mentioned before I did contact Reach to Recovery. Although it could take a week to be paired with a volunteer it has been well over two and I have heard nothing. Bummer! Need to call them back as well.  Guess that's what I get for having a type A personality that needs an itinerary for my journey! LOL

The overall silence about all of this by Brad has taken a toll on me. We met for a quick lunch after one appointment but have not so much as gone out for an evening alone since well before my surgery. I know it's been busy here but that is a serious need for me right now.  He has managed to find a few minutes to pick up the book I got him so maybe when things calm down a bit he can finish that. Right now we are on a month long marathon of celebrations


A visit from Brad's sis and her family ( who currently live in NY) brightened things up, plus several happy events like birthdays, baptisms, and grad parties got me through the week. Brad asked a couple of times if I needed a hug and I seriously thought I would melt into a gelatinous blob in his arms. We ended the week with Kinsey being Godmother and the baptism celebration with family.We hung out all day watching the kids play in the pond and it was delightful down time for all of us!

No comments: