Through Thick and Thin

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday, November 8,2012

Good grief!!! A week into November and only two weeks til Turkey time. Who would have thought?  This is my favorite time of year for so many reasons. It breaks my heart to think that there are so many who dread it, or who are hurting for whatever the reason. I understand that life isn't always turning up roses but I am so very thankful that my family and I are able to share these special times and make wonderful memories.

Fill number two was yesterday and all is well. Since last week's went fine he offered to let me try double the amount of saline so 120cc each side. I was good with that since there are no signs of inflammation or irritation. Also,  I knew that once he had injected one syringe and started on the second I could always stop him. I could definitely feel a change and some pressure but no big deal. I was very numb and tingly all evening but today I am back to what is the new normal for me.

We discussed  my opinion on size. This fill made a noticeable change so for now I am thinking just one more 60cc fill. He explained again that the size of expanders does play a role on how large of implants I get. If I go bigger than suggested then there will be more shape near my armpits and might cause some "bunching" of sorts in the implant itself which can lead to a less natural look and even encourage more issues with scar tissue. He did show me how the right side has tilted a bit to the side since insertion and how the left one has a slightly different appearance from all the internal issues with the prior scar tissue. I had noticed the left one and pointed it out at an earlier appointment but the right is very very subtle.I'm really beginning to feel like this reconstruction process is quite a work of art. I'm being completely serious when I say that. It's really very fascinating!

Brad texted to see how the appointment went. When I told him I had 120cc in each side his response was, "Don't be going all Dolly Parton on me!"  I was cracking up! He seems to think what I have is pretty good and I was surprised that he said he didn't think I should go much bigger. You know men I wasn't sure what he would say.  He explained because he was afraid I might have issues with thinning skin as I get older. Of course that's a natural part of aging but a bigger issue when you have heavy implants to worry about. Too I need to remember that one side of my chest already has thinner skin naturally. I would say that I am real close to my previous size but it's hard to tell as the shape is different.

We had the opportunity to go to Indianapolis for a special treat over the weekend. Brad's boss and his wife gave us a very generous gift certificate to Fogo De Chao. If you have never been it is an awesome Brazilian dining experience. We had tried twice prior and it didn't work out. Three other couples joined us for dinner. I had a coupon for a hotel room so we stayed the night then Brad was treated to Colts tickets by someone he does business with. That was a cool surprise! I have finally attended my first professional football game! We had a nice time and the Colts pulled off a big win!!! From there we headed to University of Indianapolis to pick up Kinsey. We treated her and her boyfriend to dinner out. It was our first visit to see her because she has been home frequently. Such a lovely and much needed get away weekend. It's always better when it's cheap or free!!!


No comments: