Through Thick and Thin

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving weekend is one of my favorite holidays. Partly because of what it represents and partly because it's always a four day weekend.  This year has extra special meaning to me of course. A bumpy ride in 2012 but one of many blessings. I decided weeks in advance that  I wanted to savor every moment of the weekend and not be in a rush for anything. Kinsey arrived home from college Tuesday evening and Brody got an extra day of break thanks to heavy fog on Wednesday. So nice to have us all four home at the same time.

Thursday was Thanksgiving for the Denos. Lovely lunch and a lazy afternoon. The fellas had show and tell with Brad's brother's guns.  I shot a hand gun (pink cammo of course) for the first time in my life. A little creepy and a little cool.  The wee ones enjoyed some outdoor time and we made a bunch of Christmas cards to send to Japan for a cousin in the Marines. He will get some and the rest we will send to his buddies. The kids had a good time and were very creative.

Thursday night/Friday morning Kinsey and I braved the crowds to do a little black Friday shopping. We had a blast and got a lot done!  Brody and his girlfriend headed out about the time Kinsey and I rolled in. After a good nap we had the Budreau Thanksgiving. So wonderful to have Grandma Betty join us even though it was for just a short while. Dinner was delicious and we followed it with a a couple of Christmas classic movies which has kind of become a tradition.


Today Brad took Brody on a hunting expedition. For several years the Deno cousins have attended a pheasant release. It was Brody's first time and they had a great day. Brad got his limit of two birds and Brody got one. This is Brody with the youngest cousin who also got a hen. The fellas had an awesome time but were wiped out when they got home. One thing is for sure, they will sleep well tonight! I spent the day working on Christmas decorations. Trying to mix things up a little bit and not do the same things I usually do. I got a good start but am not nearly done. That is to be continued...

Dear Lord, I am so very grateful to be blessed with so much-faith, family, friends, a good job, a comfortable home, excellent doctors, and the gift of early detection which allowed me to be a survivor. Please continue to bless my family, keep us healthy and happy, and guide us along our future journey. Please look upon those less fortunate than us and keep them strong in their struggles. Thank you for your many blessings both big and small. Amen.

No comments: