Through Thick and Thin

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Friday, December 14, 2012

Good grief Charlie Brown!  I guess I haven't posted for awhile! Been caught up in all the Christmas preparation and cheer. So wishing for some snow to make it officially feel like Christmas.

Kinsey got home on Thursday so she went with me to my 6 month follow-up appointment with my general surgeon. Sometimes he cracks me up. He walked into the room and immediately asked, "So are you here to show off?" That caught me a little off guard and I said "Well I wasn't  exactly thinking that but things are going well."  We talked a bit then he took a look at my chest. His response was very "uplifting" to say the least. He said "Wow!  I'd give those an A!"  He then went on to feel around for any lumps or scarring issues. I looked over at Kinsey who was sitting there with raised eyebrows. It was hilarious! He said that I had great shape, a great natural crease under both breasts, and that he could tell I had a lot of volume. He explained that most women don't get this kind of result with just expanders so he felt that once I had the implants in they should look very natural. I was quite pleased with his response as he certainly sees lots of reconstructed chests. He reminded me no need for mammograms, just to keep an eye out for any new developments or lumps. For all practical purposes I should be cancer free but it can still return or there can be issues with scar tissue after the reconstruction and any revisions are complete. The plan is see him in one year after the new girls are in place and fully healed!

Kinsey and I did some Christmas shopping then met Brad for lunch. I was pretty sure Brad had forgotten that I had an appointment since it was just a check up and no big deal. After he sat down I said,  "Well, there's nothing quite like another man checking out your chest, saying Wow! I would give those an A! You have great shape and results!  And then follow it with feeling them!" Oh my gosh the look on Brad's face!!! Kins and I were cracking up!!! He still wasn't getting it so I reminded him I had an appointment. The expression on his face was priceless! Nothing like a little humor to keep the day moving along!



No comments: