Through Thick and Thin

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday, December 20th

Five days 'til Christmas!  It's my favorite time of the year!  The house is all decorated, shopping is done, gifts are wrapped, cards sent, and goodies are made for the neighbors. Hopefully tomorrow we will get to make some goodies for us! Not that we need them but it's a tradition and just wouldn't be right without some cookies and fudge.

The weather has finally changed and boy does it feel like winter! I am a little jealous that Wisconsin is getting all the snow and we mostly got rain but the white stuff is starting to fly as I type. All would be perfect if I just felt better. Have been dealing with an allergic reaction for nearly two weeks now. Have been told blepharitis, seborrhea, and allergy. I feel it's definitely an allergic response. I bought new eye make-up brushes and when I used them it burned my eyelids. Strangest thing. In no time my eyelids were all red, swollen and even peeled. It is nasty. Have seen my eye doctor, my family doctor and today saw the nurse practicioner. Am to the point that my eyes itch and I'm having headaches and pain in my jaw. She feels it isn't a full blown sinus infection and I hope not. Haven't had one for a year and half since my sinus surgery. She thinks it's all an allergic response and I hope she is correct. Trying some different things but if I'm not better I am to go in Christmas Eve morning for another follow-up. Dang my luck! In the meantime I look like a hot mess and every morning my eyes are swollen half shut. These things can only happen to me I swear!

Trying to still plug along though. Finished up shopping earlier in the week, decorations are all up at church, Brody is done with finals, and we are preparing for two holiday events. Tomorrow night Brody is having a bunch of friends for their Christmas celebration and Saturday we are hosting my family. This little elf has been busy, busy, busy!

Below are a few photos of our little excursion to Indianapolis over the weekend. The circle downtown is so pretty at Christmas!!!




In case I don't get back to my computer I hope you all have safe travels, a healthy holiday, and a very Merry Christmas with your family and friends. Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

No comments: