Through Thick and Thin

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May 12, 2014

Just a bit behind here.  After my general surgeon follow ups were my oncology 6 month visit on April 22nd and then my plastic surgeon one year follow up on May 12th.  Oncology was all good, just keep doing what I am doing and return in 6 months. My plastic surgeon was able to see the settling the left breast has done since surgery. I had called and let them know I had a sunken area months ago. That area remains near the top and it's pretty obvious that the implant has shifted downward. He lifted it a bit manually to show how if he surgically lifted it it would help fill in that sunken area somewhat. No thanks, I'm done with surgeries for awhile. It isn't noticeable in my clothing so I see no need to fix it.  I suggested that we wait until my three year MRI to check the implants. If he sees any issues then maybe we can go in and make that adjustment. I have not the time, the money, nor the desire to undergo another surgical procedure. However I do very much appreciate that he is a perfectionist and wants to make sure all his patients are completely satisfied. He did take photos at this stage to have on record.

No comments: