Through Thick and Thin

Wednesday, March 5, 2014


Wednesday, March 5, 2014


Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent as recognized by many Christians. My day started off with penance...going to 8am Mass and receiving ashes. No the Mass part wasn't the penance, it's the 8am!  I am completely a nocturnal creature and really don't do mornings before 9, but I did it!!! Often times I "give up" something but sometimes my Lenten focus is on "doing" something extra. This year I am going the "giving up" route and I am trying to "offer up" any stresses or roadblocks as penance. This was something taught to be by my mom and my aunt. Jesus suffered tremendously for our sins and I know that my trials and tribulations are really nothing compared to that. It just makes sense to put them in God's hands and to suffer through them as a form of thanking Him for His suffering.

What does all this have to do with cancer, illness, or daily struggles? Well, my thought was that by sharing this idea maybe those of you struggling with anything in your day to day journey may want to give it a try. We all have different ways of dealing with stress. It's my hope that by sharing this simple idea maybe someone else may find it helpful. Sending prayerful thoughts to all who may be troubled today!

Becky Bales Caron's photo.






No comments: